Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I miss the old Southwest

JPsnakie
Explorer C

I miss the old Southwest when they actually listened to customers and really helped. I have been trying to book our first trip since covid and have been met with endless loops, being lied to and being muted on. I am tired exhausted and even more angry than I started. I just wish someone would actually listen and not just say its not their problem.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: I miss the old Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

Is anything preventing you from booking the flight at southwest.com?

Plus sometimes online fares are a bit lower than phone in fares

JPsnakie
Explorer C

Mainly, we have credit but i guess it expired since we couldn't travel due to our borders being closed. Now they wont honor it even though we were told all we had to do was wait for head office and they would sort us out. Which I actually thought they were until I found out the person who promised to help lied.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Expired travel funds can be converted to LUV vouchers within 6 months after expiration and the resulting vouchers are good for 6 months. Each travel fund is reduced in value by $100 but that beats losing everything. Most places remained open with flights, including all domestic destinations, and Southwest offered extensions of travel fund expiration out to September 2022. Sorry you take advantage of the extension and didn't feel like you could fly or only wanted to fly to one place.

To request the travel fund conversion use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. Identify the confirmation numbers and passengers associated with the expired travel funds. You should receive a response after a few weeks.

--TheMiddleSeat

JPsnakie
Explorer C

We live in the Cayman Islands and Southwest only started flying here last week. We really didn't have an easy way to travel until this month.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JPsnakie wrote:

We live in the Cayman Islands and Southwest only started flying here last week. We really didn't have an easy way to travel until this month.

Try an e-mail. At least you'll have a paper trail.

Provide all details about the expired funds. Explain you live in the Cayman Islands.

Remind Southwest that there was no way for you to use the funds since Southwest stopped flying there.

I would hope that the last point (above) might be enough of a mitigating circumstance that Southwest might do something for you.

Click on "contact us" below and proceed.

bec102896
Aviator A

If your credit expired within the last 6 months you can reach out to reservations 800-435-9792 and request an extension and they will usually do it for a $100 fee and you would be sent a LUV voucher which would be valid for 6 months. 

JPsnakie
Explorer C

No it was over 6 months. I wasn't aware it expire, had put it out of my mind during covid since we couldn't travel. I have reached all the customer service people I can by phone. Customer relations is a nightmare to deal with since there is no easy way to communicate. I have to wait 10 days at a time which is why I'm about a month in. They did promise to honor it, received nothing so called and was told that they lied and put in the notes they denied it. How can you say one thing and do another. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Lets try to get some specifics

How many travel funds did you have?

Were they just yours or yours plus some other person(s)

When did they expire?

JPsnakie
Explorer C

So it was 2, one for my wife and I. I was told they expired in March 2021, I honestly never expected them to expire.