Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In-state flights - Covid test required

downsarah
Explorer C

If flying from Northern CA (Sacramento) to Southern CA (Santa Ana), is a negative Covid test required? Am I required to provide any documentation, or quarantine or anything like that? I can't find the info anywhere. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: In-state flights - Covid test required

dfwskier
Aviator A

It appears you will have to fill out a form to get into the LA area, but you'll have to quarantine when you head back to the Bay area.

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/california/

downsarah
Explorer C

Sacramento is not the bay area, and Santa Ana is not in L.A. This is why I'm confused.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@downsarah wrote:

Sacramento is not the bay area, and Santa Ana is not in L.A. This is why I'm confused.

They are presenting the restrictions in case you are using SNA or SMF as alternate airports to access those areas, the restrictions would apply if you were renting a car or otherwise traveling into the municipalities.

If your travels are exclusive to Santa Ana and Sacramento or at least not physically visiting the cities noted, then it seems that you are not covered by the restriction.

Sacramento seems to be not really a alternate, but many people use SNA that may end up in LA during their trip.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Neither of those cities is listed as having restrictions on southwest.com 

--TheMiddleSeat