Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Increasing Business Select Prices

bbland
Adventurer C

Since when did Southwest start increasing Business Select prices closer to flight time. Went to upgrade a flight today & instead of $120 fare difference it was over $300. In the past, lower class fare prices fluctuated, but never Business Select. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Increasing Business Select Prices

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There definitely have been some interesting price adjustments .  WGA fares start low and then have jumped to sky high on some routes I've been looking at.  I know demand is also crazy high still so I'll trust Southwest is able to justify the pricing based on the demand.  It makes sense that BS fares need to remain separated from WGA prices as WGA prices increase.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Increasing Business Select Prices

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bbland wrote:

Since when did Southwest start increasing Business Select prices closer to flight time. Went to upgrade a flight today & instead of $120 fare difference it was over $300. In the past, lower class fare prices fluctuated, but never Business Select. 

Some of the routes have the BS fare lowered compared to what it used to be three years ago, where they all used to be about the same now sometimes you can find some $300 range and some $500 range on the same routes. 

Anyway to answer your question I've only seen the changes over the past couple of years, but my observation was that some were lower than before. I haven't tracked any routes where I've seen the price change after it was announced but there certainly isn't anything that would prevent them from changing the price other than that they never did it before.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.