Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inhospitable flight attendant

D10ndr4
Explorer C

Dear Southwest Airlines,

You have always been our favorite airline to fly, which is why when we decided to plan a family trip to visit my mom and 95 year old grandmother, we immediately booked our flights with you. We prayed to the travel gods that our one year old would be on his best behavior, but that was not the case for said one year old. He screamed more than he was silent, he kicked more than he slept, and he hit more than he screamed and kicked. My husband and I were already stressed about the cross country trip, but knew Southwest Airlines was our best bet on getting through the trip alive. As our son screamed, I decided to try standing in the aisle (we were already sitting in the last row to try not to disturb too many people, since they had paid for their trip as well). As I was standing there, one of your “finest” flight attendants stood in front of me, didn’t say a word as my son was screaming in my ear, and waited for me to move out of the way, rolling her eyes as she passed. She then came back to the drink station where she proceeded to say to the other two flight attendants, “they are driving me crazy!!!” slamming Coke and Coke Zero into cups for my fellow passengers. She huffed and puffed and delivered the two drinks and came back glaring at my son. This upstanding flight attendant of yours was named Shandra on flight 6277 flying from Las Vegas to Tampa. As I waited for her return, one of the flight attendants handed my son a handmade rattle - water cup filled with pretzels, in an attempt to occupy him. While he was shaking it, another flight attendant darted out of the way as if he was going to stab her... this happened three times. I quickly asked her if she had children, to which she responded, “yes I do, mine is 32, we are WAAAY past this stage.” This is when I asked for the first flight attendants name three times before flight attendant with 31 one year old son finally answered me...

I understand no one wants to hear a screaming baby for four hours, but I guarantee I was at the top of that list; however I was very disappointed by the hospitality, or lack there of that Shandra showed me, my son, and my husband.

Shame on you Shandra. You chose this career and if you can’t be hospitable and deliver decent customer service, find a new job. And Southwest Airlines, I am saddened by the fact that people like Shandra represent your company... you are better than that.

Sincerely,

The mom with the screaming child

1 REPLY 1

Re: Inhospitable flight attendant

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It sounds as though your flight was not a whole lot of fun. Sorry that it turned out that way for you.

Since this is a customer to customer forum, it would make sense to  file your compalin directly with the airline. You could cut your post and paste it into an e-mail. Deails on how you can e-mail the airline are on the uper left side of the contact us webpage 

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

I hope you give Southwest another try in the future. Situations like your are rare, but they do happen, by my experiene less frequently. on Southwest than on other airlines.  I hope your future travels turn out much better.