Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Involuntary Denied Boarding

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JamesIshikawa wrote:

To "The Middle Seat" I reply:

Southwest Airlines violated Department of Transportation (DOT) rules when they denied me my seat, just moments after my boarding call, without first requesting volunteers.  

That doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I've had it happen on American and   Braniff (I date myself)

And yes - I have closed my Southwest Airlines frequent travel account and will never fly on that airline again.

How does one do that? Did you use your points first or just let them vaish?

The government requires you to fly the most inexpensive carrier, no? What do you plan to do in the future when that carrier is Southwest?

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have concerns about the hostility and bad attitudes that I see on this board.

I hope that everyone has the opportunity to be heard and not suppressed by a lone individual. 

You have the right to be heard within the limits of the board's terms of use.  Your concerns are duly noted. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy yes, it's pretty awful I was told by @JamesIshikawa that I should not be part of the conversation. Thanks for standing up for me.

I did my best to politely thank them for their contribution to the conversation 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

You have the right to be heard.  You have the right to disagree, as do the other members of this board.

It is important that everyone have the right to express their views.  Right now, Southwest is under severe criticism for how they have handled everything related to the last ten days.  Other airlines have had a blip, but what has gone on with Southwest is a disaster.

Never have I read a blog board where someone referred to Southwest as "SouthWORST".  That is sad.