Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Iphone left on SW #2733

TanyCab
Explorer C

I left my iphone on flight 2733 from Oakland to Los Angeles last night (July 22) at 11:30 PM. I was seated near the front (~aisle 3) on the right side of the plane, and I think I left my phone in the back pocket of the seat in front of me. When I realized I didn't have my phone, I was already past the security point and was not allowed to go back. I went to the Soutwest ticket counter and to the baggage claim office, but they weren't able to reach someone who could go back and look for my phone. I've filed a report (1453478), but I have not yet gotten any new infomation. Does anyone know how long it would typically take to get more information on an item left behind on a plane? Is there a local lost and found office at LAX that I can call? It has not been easy to find phone numbers on the Southwest website. I was not able to get much information from calling the main customer line (1-800-435-9792) or customer relations. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Iphone left on SW #2733

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Sorry to hear about your lost phone.

I can only advise patience. Assuming you gave SW ways to contact you, it will conatct you if/when the phone is found.

Lost and found is a significant job for the airline. If only 1 in 10,000 people reports an item as missing, that means the airline will be serching for over  16,000 items over the course of a year..

There are cell phone utilities that allow a phone owner to ping his missing phone, and the phone will report it's location. Were you lucky enough to have one on your phone?

TanyCab
Explorer C

Thank for your response! I do have the "Find My IPhone" feature, but I think I had placed my phone on airplane mode, so I haven't had success in pinging it.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TanyCab wrote:

I left my iphone on flight 2733 from Oakland to Los Angeles last night (July 22) at 11:30 PM. I was seated near the front (~aisle 3) on the right side of the plane, and I think I left my phone in the back pocket of the seat in front of me. When I realized I didn't have my phone, I was already past the security point and was not allowed to go back. I went to the Soutwest ticket counter and to the baggage claim office, but they weren't able to reach someone who could go back and look for my phone. I've filed a report (1453478), but I have not yet gotten any new infomation. Does anyone know how long it would typically take to get more information on an item left behind on a plane? Is there a local lost and found office at LAX that I can call? It has not been easy to find phone numbers on the Southwest website. I was not able to get much information from calling the main customer line (1-800-435-9792) or customer relations. Thanks.

Hopefully this was the first thing they said to do at the baggage office, or else call?

https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/landing.do

Deplaning on a late flight like that, if the plane was being put to bed for the day then the lost and found crew would have it, and the phone won't be in Southwest's possession...the website is the way to have a search performed on the found items.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TanyCab
Explorer C

Thanks for the information! I was directed to fill out the report on the website, which I did immediately when I got home.