Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is anyone else having trouble being refunded with all the flight cancellations?

iheartbrillo
Explorer C

I am extremely disappointed in how my cancelled flights have been handled. The run around has made it nearly impossible to be refunded my money for cancelled flights. I have stood in lines for hours at the airport and was told that my flights were being refunded only to find out only one was refundedand not the other. I was notified by email that I missed my returning flight and it was being marked as a no show. The email was a no reply. I then called the number recommended in the email. I waited 75 min to speak to someone who told me that I didnt properly give the attendant the information needed to refund both the tickets. Somehow it is my fault?. Now she told me to go online, that there is nothing she could do because of my mistake. I have now emailed and reached out on messenger. Email is a 10 day investigation and Messenger hasn’t responded.  It is sad enough that I didn’t get to see my sick father, now I have to be further inconvenienced, insulted and chase money. I expect a refund. Do I just sit an wait or is there another avenue I haven’t tried?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is anyone else having trouble being refunded with all the flight cancellations?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

In case you have not heard, Southwest cancelled/delayed thousands of flights over the weekend due to   computer system issues. This there are likely tens   or hundreds of thousands of people like you I hate to tell you the truth, but here goes: you are no more important than any of those other passengers, and Southwest is trying to deal with them, too.

You said that you sent an e-mail. That's good. It gives you a paper trail should you need one.

Wait for a response.

Re: Is anyone else having trouble being refunded with all the flight cancellations?

iheartbrillo
Explorer C

Charming. Somehow I overlooked that when I was in multiple hour long lines, where police were swarming because of all the fights breaking out. I must have been distracted by the woman who fell backwards down the elevator. Maybe it was how the restaurants ran out of food and all the stranded guests with no access to their belongings couldn’t find hotels or rental cars. Maybe after waiting hours in chaos and being told my flights were being refunded, just to learn that they were not and nothing can be done. You’re right asking if there was another channel or anything else I could be doing to collect something that is rightfully mine is insane. I am surely the impatient and insensitive one here. Thank You for pointing that out.   

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, all I can do is tell you what I would have done..

If you want to wait on the phone for hours and hours -- getting more and more frustrated by the minute, then that is your choice.