Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Issues with LUV Voucher / Credit

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

Nothing you posted in the numerous responses was helpful.  If you have nothing to offer, probably best to move onto the next one.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV nice... I try to wrap things up in a pleasant manner and you want to continue the insults.  Ok, let's write the only response that would have ever come close to making you happy and then we can all see how ridiculous that would be.

Dear @ALISTLUV, wow I am so incredibly sorry for your situation!  Southwest is such an awful money grabbing company and they should give you all your money back and write you a public apology to make everything right.  In fact, if there's anything else you want you should totally get it.  Maybe companion pass for next year?  There's no need for personal responsibility and finding ways to utilize your credits, that should be Southwest's responsibility to hold your hand and make everything perfect for you.  Those people that paid attention and asked for ways to gets extensions were all just gaming the system and should not have been allowed to do that.  In fact, those extensions should just be cancelled!  Yes, Southwest should have given you renewed vouchers immediately, regardless of staffing shortages and a flood of other requests due to this being one of the most difficult periods for the airline industry.  How dare they take so long to do you a favor that was not something in policy, but rather a practice they do to be nice.  Shame on them for trying to be nice and not getting it exactly as you wanted.  It's too bad this is a customer to customer forum that Southwest reps don't monitor because I'm sure they would love to call you right now and get everything fixed.  And be sure to ignore all the other people that are going to comment here and tell you you should have handled things differently, they're just all rude and inconsiderate and probably don't have any clue about flying Southwest despite the fact that they all say they fly often and seem to have plenty of other informative responses in other questions.  You are the only one right in this situation!  Good luck to you!!

Ok, can we be done now? 

--TheMiddleSeat

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

As you said earlier,  I was just being very honest.  If I was hurling an actual insult, you'd know.   But lets dig into what you wrote, shall we?

Dear @ALISTLUV, wow I am so incredibly sorry for your situation! Perfect! Southwest is such an awful money grabbing company and they should give you all your money back and write you a public apology to make everything right.  I wouldn't go that far, but I believe they made the wrong decision here on how to treat customers - especially given their track record vs other airlines.  In fact, if there's anything else you want you should totally get it.  Maybe companion pass for next year?  I've already earned one.  2024 I'm not too sure about. I signed up for a competitors card this week.  Again, I've had one for nearly a decade and they were not through cc bonuses. There's no need for personal responsibility and finding ways to utilize your credits, that should be Southwest's responsibility to hold your hand and make everything perfect for you.  It should be their responsibility that all customers are treated the same.  There should not be two different outcomes for customers in the same situation.  Those people that paid attention and asked for ways to gets extensions were all just gaming the system and should not have been allowed to do that.  I'm happy that they understood that expiration dates were imaginary if you circumvented the expiration policy.  I don't begrudge them.  You putting words in my mouth is so fun!  Lets do this again sometime.  Are you free Sunday night? In fact, those extensions should just be cancelled!  Yes, Southwest should have given you renewed vouchers immediately, regardless of staffing shortages and a flood of other requests due to this being one of the most difficult periods for the airline industry.  They should acknowledge there was a shortcoming on their end and not make their customers financially suffer as a result of their internal issues - not that big of an ask for most companies.  How dare they take so long to do you a favor that was not something in policy It actually is their policy to grant another 3 month extension to ALIST fliers.  Look, you learned something!  I bet you thought you knew all things SW, didn't you?, but rather a practice they do to be nice.  Shame on them for trying to be nice and not getting it exactly as you wanted.  It's too bad this is a customer to customer forum that Southwest reps don't monitor because I'm sure they would love to call you right now and get everything fixed. Blah blah blah ...............................blah.  And be sure to ignore all the other people that are going to comment here and tell you you should have handled things differently, they're just all rude and inconsiderate and probably don't have any clue about flying Southwest despite the fact that they all say they fly often and seem to have plenty of other informative responses in other questions.  There was definitely an air of superiority, arrogance and condensation.  I'll give you guys that!  One of the posters was nice - the one who said SW has heard complaints and changed policy.  You are the only one right in this situation!  Good luck to you!!

This whole post was as pointless as all of the rest.  Congrats on outdoing yourself.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV wrote:

But every here is "its not that hard, if only you took a simple step, whats the point in telling you the step".  I mean, I never thought I'd see chest thumping on a SW msg board, but here we are.

Look, I am sorry that you lost money.

But you keep trying to blame Southwest for not telling you about a loophole discovered by it's customers. SW had no responsibility to do so.

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

@dfwskier That is secondary and a response to posts here offering "solutions".  That said I'll reiterate, there should not be a loophole.  All customers should be treated equally.  There should not be two outcomes for the same problem where customer A receives benefit and customer B shook upside-down for loose change. 

The main gripe is they didn't issue the voucher as promised so it could be used for a flight that I had.  Somehow that is my fault or I should be more considerate of the internal turmoil at my financial expense.

Other gripe, is due to the period in time we're talking about, the pandemic, they should not be pocketing anyone's cash for services they did not provide.  Especially considering they have already changed their policy to do away with expiration dates.

dfwskier
Aviator A

as I said several posts up thread

Who is "they?

"They"  SW has an official policy and it  stuck with it. SW has no responsibility to state anything other than official policy.  

SW customers (the  real "they") figured out a way around the policy, and discussed it in various online platforms, including this one. I'm sorry that you never got the word , but SW had    no responsibility to share "loopholes" that others have discovered.

I guess your real beef is with those customers that figured out how to game the system.

There is another one of those things going on right now. There is a way to convert a

travel fund that may only be used by the original traveler into one that may be used by anyone. Southwest customers thought this one up and have talked about it. You won't hear about it from Southwest because Southwest has absolutely no responsibility to share loopholes that others have discovered. 

No company does.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV wrote:

As I understood it was for flights booked btwn March and Sept 2020.  My flight was booked in December 2019.  Didn't sound like my flight qualified. 

All you had to do was rebook and cancel your flight within the timeframe specified to have your travel funds extended to September 2022. Not sure why you didn't do this. This is not complicated. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
The new policy is addressing the changes you describe, so they have heard the feedback and adjusted the system going forward. I’m sorry that your past activity isn’t retroactive.
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.