Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Issues with LUV Voucher / Credit

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

As I understood it was for flights booked btwn March and Sept 2020.  My flight was booked in December 2019.  Didn't sound like my flight qualified. 

Sorry, they did not make one aware of the loophole to go through the ridiculous process of booking a phantom flight and then immediately cancelling it known to all customers.  I had no idea that a LUV Voucher could be converted by this process during that short window of time.  I do not hang out on these forums and know every little trick in the Southwest book.

The point is, you shouldn't have to know how to game the system.  The company should do the right thing without making you jump through hoops.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV wrote:

Sorry, they did not make one aware of the loophole to go through the ridiculous process of booking a phantom flight and then immediately cancelling it known to all customers.  

Who is "they?

"They"  SW has an official policy and it  stuck with it. SW has no responsibility to state anything other than official policy.  

SW customers (the  real "they") figured out a way around the policy, and discussed it in various online platforms, including this one. I'm sorry that you never got the word , but SW had    no responsibility to share "loopholes" that others have discovered.

I guess your real beef is with those customers that figured out how to game the system.

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

Two different SW CSR told me this.  After the fact.  As if that would help situation.  "Gee customer, if you only knew how to game the system your funds would never expire!". 

The fact that "they" have a loophole, willingly allow people to take advantage on the one and on the other hand gobbling up hard working American's income who had not realized how to game the system is a fantastic policy, don't you think?  Kind of like a car salesman that rips off one customer and negotiates a better price with another.  Hopefully SW is striving to be better than the car salesman.  

I am upset with SW airlines for pocketing my cash when they didn't earn it through any work or service.  Before you start talking about fine print and policy, show me where in the fine print it mentions a pandemic.  Or what happens when the CSR approves the re-issue of a voucher so that the funds can be used on flight I have booked, but the voucher never comes as promised (in writing).  Why am I the one left without my cash when they did not deliver my voucher as they said they would?

To me it sounds like they are jumping over quarters for pennies.  Especially when it comes to upsetting ALIST travelers who very obviously travel frequently.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV Seems like this just keeps going around in circles. You've heard from Southwest, what more do you want?

You're welcome to submit your additional comments directly to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

Well, every day someone chimes in same as you.  Its a little insulting don't you think?  "Sorry you didn't monitor airline discussion boards to understand how you can circumvent their expiration policy - sounds like this was all avoidable and your fault".  I don't think any of you all who commented and spend a lot of time here understands how that sounds. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV again I ask, what do you want?

--TheMiddleSeat

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

For you and other "top contributors" to have some self awareness in their comments.  From where I sit, it sound arrogant and belittling.  

Maybe next time someone vents on here in hopes SW is reading, approach it "Sorry this happened.  I agree, it's frustrating.  In the future you can take these steps to avoid"

But every here is "its not that hard, if only you took a simple step, whats the point in telling you the step".  I mean, I never thought I'd see chest thumping on a SW msg board, but here we are.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV in my very first response I said, "Bummer you've lost funds, but I don't know that you'll get much sympathy here".

So I provided sympathy, then warned you that you wouldn't get more. That's pretty up front and honest. Additionally, Southwest does not monitor these threads. 

Thanks for your additional feedback

--TheMiddleSeat

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

Your response went onto to detail how this was my fault.  As well as each response thereafter.  Except by your own reasoning I had a legitimate grievance.  

you: "you had plenty of time to use the voucher". 

me: "you're right, I had a flight, and it was the perfect opportunity to use it - except they fumbled the re-issue so I had to use cash"

you:  "still your fault, you didn't know simple loophole step - too bad so sad."

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV clearly nothing I am willing to say here can appease you. I wish you the best in your future travels.

--TheMiddleSeat