Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Items Stolen from Luggage

Sgwesq
Explorer C

We recently flew from Las Vegas directly  to Fort Lauderdale. We were at the airport in Las Vegas 3 hours before the flight. Five of my wifes designer tops were stolen from her luggage. We have been getting the run around from customer service. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Items Stolen from Luggage

ssteve2
Explorer C

I just flew from Seattle (SEA-TAC Airport) to Oakland, CA over the weekend.  While unpacking, I noticed my new dress shirt was missing.  This was very upsetting because it was a gift from a very specail person.  It's going to take a long time for me to get over this loss.  I had checked in a little over two hours before boarding time.  It appears that the earlier you check in your luggage, the higher the possbility of having your items go missing.  We pay a lot of money for our flight and furthermore entrust the airline with our belongings.  For the airline staff to steal the customers' belongings is not only a criminal act but one that undermines trust in Southwest.

bramagos
Explorer C

My entire designer bag was stolen after I checked it in. I too have been given the run around. How have your situations been resolved? Any tips.

MoonstoneMary
Explorer C

I don't usually check luggage but did this time. Stupid me. I had rings and bracelets in a change purse that were removed from my checked luggage (direct flight from Tampa FL to Phoenix AZ). It sounds to me like Southwest doesn't care about theft. Is it worth taking the time to report it? It's very unique jewelry since I'm a jewelry maker and I have pictures.

dfwskier
Aviator A

To everyone. Yes file claims if your stuff has been stolen.

Remember though that Southwest mght have nothing to do with the theft. 

Depending on the airport

1) Airline employees have access to your bag

2) Airport employees have acess to your bag

3) TSA employees have access to your bag

Unfortunately, there are documented cases of all three types of potential thiefs that have taken stuff.

Hearthurt728
Explorer C

This is my first and last time I ever flied Southwest Airline I left Vegas on the August 18th  2018 rerouted to Atlanta we stayed in the Hilton at the airport that morning I got up at 4 o'clock a.m. pack my bags everything was in there my gold Bulova as well as the knick knacks that I bought in Vegas got home that evening left my bag in the car check my bags later on that Sunday night lo and behold they stole my watch and my little knick-knacks now so hard to get in touch with someone at Southwest the next afge convention I won't be using Southwest Airline never never never

sandysue79
Explorer B

My watch was also stolen from my checked bag in Las Vegas. I will never fly with them again if this issue is not resolved. I will also cancel my Southwest credit card and never give them any of my money ever again!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're saddened to hear this, @sandysue79. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here. We encourage you to reach out via official channels following the steps below. Thank you!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager