Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

January MDW-BOS, PVD, MHT sold out

wickednice
Explorer C

Are all flights from Chicago to the Boston area really sold out until February??

4 REPLIES 4

Re: January MDW-BOS, PVD, MHT sold out

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hi,

Since February is really just a few days out, that's possible! I'd suggest you tweak the airport search: sometimes the airport you have in mind might have a smaller number of flights, which is why they are all sold out. Does this help?

ZevSupport

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

With an active travel advisory in Chicago for winter storm Jayden, Southwest may have decided to stop selling certain flights until the storm impact is clearer. Why sell tickets for a flight you are worried you might have to cancel? Just a guess as I haven't looked at other flight availability.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

It appears that all  Midway /Love Field flights on the 29th, 30th and 31st have been cancelled due to the weather. Perhaps the same happened to flights to  BOS PVD and MHT

edit add

it appears Southwest has opened a very few connecting flights between Chicago and Dallas tomorrow morning -- so not everything is cancelled. Wed and Thurs are gone though.

The moral of the story is keep checking BOS, PVD and MHT just in case something changes..

dfwskier
Aviator A

@wickednice wrote:

Are all flights from Chicago to the Boston area really sold out until February??

I appears that SW originally removed all seats from the routings -- IMO due to the weather.

Some of it is back now.