Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV VOUCHER

rshillow
Explorer C

I just wanted to share my expercice on this morning. I had to cancel a flight. And I was told by one of the customer service reps. That I could call Customer Relations and put the flight funds on a LUV VOUCHER! I wanted to gift the voucher to someone DUE that I knew I would not be flying at all in the near or far future. And I didn't want the funds to be wasted.  In speaking with Devonte in customer relations I was told that LUV VOUCHERS WERE no longer available. 

I didn't want a refund or anything I just wanted to gift the Luv Voucher to others that I know that would be flying in the future. But that options was no longer available. So I have Travel Funds that I know I will not be using just sitting out there til Sept.7th 2022. And I can't even give the money away which to others that may fly SW... 

Not  happy with my SW flight cancellation experience. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: LUV VOUCHER

rshillow
Explorer C

And fyi! nothing against Devonte.. I know he was only doing his job! .. I just wanted to make everyone aware that I was told that the Luv Vouchers are not an option anymore. 

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear of this. Unfortunately, the flight vouchers can't be shared. However, as things hopefully turn up, I hope you'll find a new place to travel, and soon! 

If you really can't work with the voucher, DM the airline over social media and they should be able to assist with other options.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@ZevSupport wrote:

Sorry to hear of this. Unfortunately, the flight vouchers can't be shared. However, as things hopefully turn up, I hope you'll find a new place to travel, and soon! 

If you really can't work with the voucher, DM the airline over social media and they should be able to assist with other options.

Just to clarify, as the terms can be confusing. Travel Funds and Vouchers are two different things.

Travel Funds are what you receive from a customer-cancelled flight. These are valid for travel for up to one year* from the original date of purchase, usable only by the originally named passenger(s). They are valid for airfare and any associated taxes or fees.

Vouchers are what you receive generally as a customer-service accommodation. They are usually valid for 6 months or 1 year from date of issue (check your voucher to be sure), and can be used by anyone. They are valid for airfare only, not any taxes or fees.

*Currently, due to the pandemic, travel funds created before September 7, 2020 are being extended through September 7, 2022.

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest is currently working on a feature where you can turn your travel funds in to points so maybe once that feature is available you could get points and book for a person of your choice. But we will have to wait until the feature is available to know if it's a good option to do. 

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@rshillow wrote:

So I have Travel Funds that I know I will not be using just sitting out there til Sept.7th 2022. And I can't even give the money away which to others that may fly SW... 

Not  happy with my SW flight cancellation experience. 

You do have an option. Southwest now allows customers to convert travel funds to RR points.

You could then use the points to buy anyone a ticket.