Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

lford42
Explorer C

I received a Southwest Airlines LUV voucher and would like add my voucher information to my account profile so that I will not have to keep track of this piece of paper.  Is there any way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: LUV Voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@lford42 wrote:

I received a Southwest Airlines LUV voucher and would like add my voucher information to my account profile so that I will not have to keep track of this piece of paper.  Is there any way to do this?

Unfortunately, no. My recommendation would be to email yourself a scan of the Voucher, or save a pic to your phone, or type in the voucher information and save that somewhere digitally.

Re: LUV Voucher

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

There is only one way I know to add it to your account which would be booking a flight that uses the whole voucher (voucher won't cover taxes) then once you book you can cancel the booking and the voucher then becomes a travel fund which will show up in your travel fund list. Only down side is this makes the voucher non transferable so if you aren't sure if you will use it then I wouldn't do this method. 

If your fine with losing the transferable part here's how you do it:

So let's say you have a $100 voucher find a flight for around $130 you pay the taxes then you can cancel the flight within 24 hours (you can cancel immediately) you can ask for the amount you paid with a credit card to be refunded the voucher funds will be held under the confirmation number once you cancel the flight. 

This only works if you have a rapid rewards account. 

-Blake