Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

Feesh
Explorer C

Hi,

If I used a LUV Voucher to book a flight and have to cancel the reservation, will I receive a Travel Fund as a credit?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: LUV Voucher

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

yes

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Yes. And since vouchers can't be used to pay the taxes and fees portion, you can choose to have that refunded to the credit card used when you cancel. 

saramariaflores
Explorer C

When they refund the lib voucher does it keep the same expiration or give you a new one? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you use a voucher to pay for a ticket, and then cancel that ticket, you get a travel fund.

Travel funds do not have an expiration date -- as of a few months ago.

HouTX
Explorer C

I am about to cancel a LUV Voucher Travel and it does not give me the option to refund to CC fees, taxes, and the money I paid beyond the Voucher amount.  It is giving me the option to take the new higher amount as a Flight Credit only. Am I missing something?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@HouTX Refunds for the purchase of a non-refundable fare are given as travel credits.

--TheMiddleSeat

HouTX
Explorer C

Okay thanks,  a post above that states "since vouchers can't be used to pay the taxes and fees portion, you can choose to have that refunded to the credit card used when you cancel. " 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@HouTX wrote:

Okay thanks,  a post above that states "since vouchers can't be used to pay the taxes and fees portion, you can choose to have that refunded to the credit card used when you cancel. " 

Sorry, I got hung up on "money I paid beyond the Voucher amount". You indicated that you were about to cancel. Did you actually go through the process and get to the screen that offers the refund options? You wouldn't see that unless you actually completed the refund.

--TheMiddleSeat

HouTX
Explorer C

I went to the review page before clicking submit, no option to do that.