Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

milan1207
Explorer C

Hi, I just booked a trip scheduled for October2017.  My reservation did not accept my luv voucher which is scheduled to expire in March 2018.  I called southwest and they first lady I soke with told me I would have to cancel my reservation and risk the fare going up in order to try submitting my luv voucher again.  I did not feel comfortable with that answer therefore I called back.  The young lady I spoke with told me that she spoke with her supervisor and I would be able to extend my luv voucher expiration date by 6 months if I do not use it by March 2018.  She informed me to call March 1, 2018 and that i would not have aproblem because this was "standard across the board procedure".  I still did not feel comfortable and just finished reading the terms and conditions for luv vouchers.  No extensions beyond the expiration date.  Did something change?  Was I informed properly during my second telephone call or was I lead in the wrong direction and misinformed?  Please advise as I am very very upset with the way I have been handled by 2 separate southwest employess. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LUV Voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Why was the voucher not accepted?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @milan1207,

Did you receive an error message when you entered the 16 digit number and 4 digit security code?

high45
Explorer C

I received a LUV voucher last year.  I took a picture of it so as not to lose it.  Unfortunately my iphone was damaged and I couldn't afford another one and I hadn't backed up my phone prior to this.  I finally found someone to repair it and found my voucher.  Can these vouchers be extended?