Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Vouchers

KRhodes
Explorer C

Our company books flight for our employees to get to projects that are out of town and have been doing so for over 20 years. Whenever an employee has travel funds from canceled flights left over after they no longer work for us, we were always able to call Southwest and get LUV vouchers issued for whatever amount was left over after SOUTHWEST deducts their $100.00 charge. Just recently we are no longer able to make the reuqests over the phone and I had to email the request. So far all of my email requests for LUV vouchers have been declined. Did Southwest just recently change their policy? Again, this is something that we had been doing for 20 years and it was never an issue until recently. 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: LUV Vouchers

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @KRhodes,

Whenever travel is cancelled, any remaining travel funds must be used by the person who originally was booked on the ticket. 

Naturally, we know there are times when it may be appropriate to make an exception. Our Customer Relations Department is charged with examining those situations and using the tools at their disposal to determine when a non-transferability exception should be made. 

Cbretiree
Explorer C

How long does it take to receive vouchers?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Cbretiree,

Southwest Vouchers usually arrive by email within 3-5 business days. 

ali881
Explorer C

image.pngRequest for LUV Voucher due to time change on above flight.

my confirmation number is OWU24N.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Don't post your confirmation number here, this isn't a secure area. You should contact customer service with this request - this forum is a peer-to-peer community.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.