Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV voucher cancelled?

Mnorris809
Explorer C

Hi! So I’m new here and I need some help. My family flew for spring break last year and ended up getting $500 in LUV vouchers. That was $100 each for the 5 of us. The year is almost up to use them, so I wanted to use them to pay for a $430 ticket. I got to the screen where you enter the voucher number and security code, and when I put the 3rd in, the system rejected it because they will only accept 3 forms of payment and that third voucher wouldn’t cover the rest of the balance. Since I was trying to figure out what to do, I just clicked “remove” for all 3 vouchers, and I thought I’d try to find a cheaper flight that I could pay for with 3 or less. When I tried to apply the vouchers to the cheaper flight, the ones I’ve already entered in the system are coming up as “cancelled.” When I put the number into the balance checker, all 5 show as having $100 on them, none say cancelled or used. I never even processed a payment for them. So are the vouchers gone, or is there something I need to do to apply them? Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: LUV voucher cancelled?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Try it again today and see if everything goes through on the cheaper flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Mnorris809
Explorer C

Thanks for replying. I just checked and it still says cancelled. It looks like I’m going to have to call and talk to someone. Bummer. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Be sure and call Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 (not the "regular" number). Alternately, try reaching out via Twitter.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Mnorris809,

Unfortunately, it does sound like this will be a job for Customer Relations. If a voucher is not working properly, they are the Department with the tools to fix or reissue it. You can reach them the way @chgoflyer mentioned above. 

I'm sorry for the trouble!