Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV vouchers

cky1962
Explorer C

You would think offering free travel vouchers would be straight-forward and snapped up in a blink of an eye, but when I tried contacting Southwest I was transferred several times and given an out-of-service phone number.  I checked at the ticket counter prior to my outbound flight from PIT and was told the vouchers are indeed able to be applied to anyone's travel, but they had no contact info as to donating.  My desire was to provide help to a person in need...such as last-minute family emergency or perhaps travel for medical treatment.  Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh did not even return my repeated calls.  St. Jude's only accepts Delta.  It's not a lot of money, but if someone is able to complete travel by Dec 13, 2016, there is $256.94 free for the taking.  Is it really impossible to giveaway $250+?  geez 🙂  Trying to help should not be so difficult, right?! LOL

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LUV vouchers

Navygirl0612
Explorer C

Do you still have it? I would love to be able to see my dad in Pennsylvania!! 

cky1962
Explorer C

I just found your post.  I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but in fact someone else in the community was given the vouchers before your request...I hadn't logged in since that time.

I hope you get the chance to visit your dad soon:-)  

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@cky1962,

I'm sorry it was so difficult for you to get an answer about your Southwest LUV Voucher. For clarification, yes, LUV Vouchers are fully transferrable! You can apply them toward travel for any person, as long as the travel is completed before the expiration date. Happy traveling!