Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Last Name wrong of ticket

GGWalll
Explorer C

Help!!! My husband booked a flight for us to Vegas which leaves this Friday. When he showed me the ticket I realized it had my married name on it which I haven't yet changed.  I went to DMV to change but with Covid restrictions I can't an appointments to make this happen.  I am in a panic.  What can we do?  I have our marriage license, etc.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Last Name wrong of ticket

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Contact Southwest customer service, use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.  This happens quite frequently.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Twitter might be a good avenue to try as well as calling. 

There is a chat function in the app and although it is an automated bot I'm wondering if it covers name changes - most likely when you type that into the chat it will say to call.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GGWalll
Explorer C

Thanks you.  Called Southwest Customer Service twice.  Answer a: go early and go to ticket counter with marriage license and ID and they will change it for me there.  Answer b:  just go as normally would take ID and marriage license through security. 

We are just going to go early to ticket counter and go from there.  Praying it all works out.  Lesson to wife...stop procrastinating. LOL

Thanks again for your suggestion.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for the update, hope it works out for you.

Alternative lesson learned... don't change last names after marriage

--TheMiddleSeat

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Will it affect her no fly lookup?

GGWalll
Explorer C

Southwest helped us and were super to work with when my hubby called the New Orleans airport and spoke to Southwest there.  Issue was resolved and we can sleep tonight with no worries.  Thank you Southwest!!!!