Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Lawsuit filed

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Not really the point.  The point is the $13.5 billion isn't really that big of a deal when you scale everything.

However, I appreciate the distraction.

LOL!!

The financial expert says profitability and free cash flow are unimportant!

That would be news to every stockholder in the world.

You really should try your act at  a comedy club. You are insanely funny!

floridaguy
Aviator C

Like I said, the cash on hand by Southwest is pretty dismal if you consider how long they have been in business.  It is like me working since 1974 and having only less than a year's salary saved up since then.

Not what I would brag about...

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Like I said, the cash on hand by Southwest is pretty dismal if you consider how long they have been in business.  It is like me working since 1974 and having only less than a year's salary saved up since then.

Not what I would brag about...

If I were you I wouldn't brag about my MBAs either. You must have been asleep in FIN 404.

I just realized I randomly picked 404. On the web that is something that does not exist -- kinda like your financial acumen.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Some believe that Southwest can do no wrong and will defend the brand to the end.  I appreciate that and I suppose I feel the same way about Mercedes.

However, there is no way to explain away the DISASTER that occurred over the Holidays.  There have been many posts in an attempt to distract from the DISASTER, but in the end, Southwest allowed the organization to be in a very bad position.

Shareholders wouldn't be suing if there was no reason.  However, continue to believe that everyone is wrong except you and Southwest.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Some believe that Southwest can do no wrong and will defend the brand to the end.  I appreciate that and I suppose I feel the same way about Mercedes.

However, there is no way to explain away the DISASTER that occurred over the Holidays.  There have been many posts in an attempt to distract from the DISASTER, but in the end, Southwest allowed the organization to be in a very bad position.

Shareholders wouldn't be suing if there was no reason.  However, continue to believe that everyone is wrong except you and Southwest.  

You've shifted away from your allegations or financial Armageddon. Why is that?

BTW, congrats on figuring out how to change font color!  Nice work!

Too bad you didn't figure it out before Christmas. If you had, some of your post could have been  green and some  red - all Christmas y.

LOL!

floridaguy
Aviator C

Please go back and reread my posts.  I haven't shifted.

But, if I had been working since 1974 and only had $168k in the bank, I would call that a failure.

I think that some of you need to be more objective in your view of the airline by looking at the total picture of their finances.  

The future is uncertain with both a class action and shareholder suit in play.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Please go back and reread my posts.  I haven't shifted.

But, if I had been working since 1974 and only had $168k in the bank, I would call that a failure.

I think that some of you need to be more objective in your view of the airline by looking at the total picture of their finances.  

The future is uncertain with both a class action and shareholder suit in play.

Yawn

Sorry, did you say anything important?

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

He was just bragging about his Benz and his bank account while complaining nonstop about being stranded by a meltdown at a budget airline.

bec102896
Aviator A

@PettyIntrigues wrote:

He was just bragging about his Benz and his bank account while complaining nonstop about being stranded by a meltdown at a budget airline.

He wasn’t even flying during the meltdown just one to complain 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

The shareholders have the money, the company doesn't keep it all forever. The company will be fine, they were in great shape for an airline prior to the meltdown.

Did they just endure a disaster? Yes for sure. Some new direction on the software department will be needed. Going to be a black mark on the ledger, yes there will be.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.