Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Left iPad on the plane

Sadievail
Explorer B

Flight 1050 from Las Vegas to Oakland arrived at 5pm on Tuesday March 19th in Terminal 1 at Oakland. I realized I left it on Friday and started the tracking process using “find my iPhone app” and it was tracked to the FedEx facility at the airport then moved to two separate FedEx facilities and today is at the San Francisco airport. How could this be? Is it in a box being shipped to the “lost and found”? How can I find out where it is going? What is southwest process on items left on the plane? Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Left iPad on the plane

Sadievail
Explorer B

Update, the iPad was just tracked at the Memphis airport then at the FedEx shipping facility in Memphis. Anyone know if southwest would ship to lost and found or ideas on where it is going? 

Sadievail
Explorer B

66FCA680-6AFF-4477-A4FE-E08FD7C569B0.png

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
@Sadievail here is what the Southwest web site says about items left on the plane (I'll also include the direct links for this information).

If you realize that you left an important item onboard the plane, please notify a Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent before leaving the airport so he or she can try to retrieve the item. If you’ve left the airport, please contact our lost and found. Please provide detailed information regarding the item (i.e. model/serial number, brand, size, color, etc.). We will make every effort to locate your item and return it to you. If you provide an email address you will receive regular communication on the status of the search for your item and will be contacted via email and phone if it’s located. If you do not provide an email address you will only be contacted by phone if your item is located. If we have not located your item within 30 days from the time it was reported, it is not likely that it was turned in. While we make every effort to locate lost items, Southwest Airlines is not liable for unchecked items left on the plane.
Source: https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/baggage_faq.html

Here is the link to the page to contact the Lost & Found team:
https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/landing.do

As another customer I don't have insight about where items end up. Good luck!

Customer | Home airport DCA

Sadievail
Explorer B

Thank you @ swdigits