Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lied to at gate

SoothSayer
Explorer C

Once again, we are lied to at the gate for the reason of a delay. 7:55 original departure time, delayed to 8:05. But wait! There's more. Now the flight carrying our flight crew is still 10 minutes out, even though flight tracker says it landed 20 minutes ago. So now we're looking at another 30 minute delay, if we're lucky and they don't come up with another excuse.

Southwest, why can't you be honest with your customers? Your gate agents couldn't care less about the delays and the inconvenience caused. No correct information given, as if three 30 minute delays are better than one 90 minute delay.

We are the fools, I guess. We purchase more expensive tickets, hoping to arrive at our destination earlier, but always end up getting in at midnight, no matter what time our flight is scheduled to depart.

Yes, you have a captive audience, and our choices for airlines are limited, but perhaps something better will come along someday.

Whenever the flight attendant proclaims "you have many choices when you fly, we hope you fly with Southwest," I want to boo them.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lied to at gate

bec102896
Aviator A

@SoothSayer

Sorry your flight was delayed and they kept delaying it because of a late crew. 

There are times a plane plane will land and the gate won't be available which could be the case in this situation and that's why the delays was extended and extended again. It's also important to know that the flight crew doesn't just get off the plane as soon as it arrives at the gate if they are working that flight they would have to wait until all passengers deplane and make sure it's in order for the next flight before they can get off the plane then they have to get from that gate to your gate and board and make sure the cabin is ready before your flight can board. 

all airlines have delays for crews it's apart of air travel these days I'm sorry you were delayed 90min though because of the late crew 

if you would like to discuss your experience with Southwest directly you can reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM or you can call customer relations at 855-234-4654 

hope your next trip is delay free!

Blake 

Re: Lied to at gate

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@SoothSayer Just like what @bec102896 said, there can be many factors that lead to delays. I’m just curious as why you feel like you are being lied to? SW doesn’t want flight delays just like you don’t. Delays throw off the planes schedule and create customer complaints. 

If the the real issue is about the gate agents compassion or customer service, I encourage you to reach out to SW via Twitter.  I would only mention the facts about your experience and be reasonable. 

Hope the rest of your day goes better. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion