Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Locating Unused Travel Funds

poorna622
Explorer C

Hi @LindseyD,

I am also in the same boat as other A list frequent travel members. If this is frequent request from memmbers then why can't southwest make attemts to resolve the issue? Are there any plans to upgrade the system where users can esily access the funds while they are booking future travels?

I echo completely what @rosa463 mentioned about challenges we face as frequenet travellers. I am thinking myself, are we in 21st century regarding not able to provide this feature by southwest on mobile and web applicatioons?

Coloradokrebs
Explorer C

good to see that as of 12/3/19 you can now look up and see a list of unused travel funds.  Thanks SWA

bec102896
Aviator A

@Coloradokrebs wrote:

good to see that as of 12/3/19 you can now look up and see a list of unused travel funds.  Thanks SWA

Agreed! So glad this feature finally came to life. Glad to see Southwest is listening to its customers. 

-Blake 

Coloradokrebs
Explorer C

Best thing about the SW community is having SWA actually doing something about a very common complaint from some very loyal fliers.  This issue needs to get resolved and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.  Remember, one bad apple in the pile can spoil all.  Don't ignore this request.

Steve K

secondmac
Explorer C

Boilerplate Answer

secondmac
Explorer C

Boilerplate Answer!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Eloquently stated.

However, since Southwest benefits when customers don't use their travel funds, and since this new -- often requested -- feature would require significant IT investment, the odds of it happening are very, very low.

redJack63
Explorer C

Considering that SWA does not charge any fees to change or cancel reservation (unlike most/all other major carriers) then I think it's a fair tradeoff.  However, I only fly a few trips per year and feel the pain of the frequent flyers Smiley Happy

cjacques1
Explorer C

I agree that this is one terrible process (almost 1.5 years after rosa463 posted her comment).

I am a travel coordinator for a company and many of our employees travel with Southwest. Unfortunately for me I have a few employees that travel frequently and generally have a lot of last minute changes. Just like rosa463 mentioned, I have to keep track of their travel funds on an excel document (for accounting purposes and for my sanity) and it is an absolute pain. I do well to keep copius notes, but with the amount of travel I have to keep up with, it makes my job a bit more challenging than I think it has to be. I hope Southwest will make this process a bit easier.

Also, for me being the keeper of our SWABIZ account it would be helpful to have all travelers' travel funds connected to our SWABIZ account that would allow me to allocate funds as needed to employees travel as needed. For Example: When I log into my account, there should be a list of employees and their accumulated travel funds, with all associated record locator numbers associated with those funds - that at the end of the year generates a report (pdf) with all travelers and all remaining travel funds for each traveler. I would love SW even more for even longer if they were able to come up with a system similar to this for me and I am sure many other company travel coordinators that use SWABIZ. 

--Devoted Coordinator--

tbaxter1706
Explorer C

This is so frustrating.  I believe the unused travel funds, as stated by policy, are a liability back to the customer and should be recognized as such.  In our state, if the traveler fails to use the funds within a prescribed time period, it seems that the funds would have to be escheated to the state treasury.  It seems to be very poor customer service for a customer not to be able to track his/her unused funds by his/her rapid rewards account.  I am a fan of Southwest Airlines, but find this to be a real weakness in terms of customer service.  Not to mention that it is just unfair.