Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Baggage Portal Status

mike12634
Explorer C

We lost 8 bags on 12/25 and still do not have them.  We did file a report and have a lost baggage ID.  The lost baggage portal says "to be delivered'.  Does anyone know if that status means they are located?  At a total loss....

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lost Baggage Portal Status

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Given the number of bags that have to be dealt with it is way too early to declare they are a total loss.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you dont have your bag, I would consider it a loss today.  File your claim, it is your right.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy ridiculously too soon to declare it lost

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

No it is not too soon.  The airlines has a duty to care for your bags if you surrender them.  The legal term is "bailment".  

So, if you do not have your bag declare it lost and file a claim.  Let Southwest do what they should have done which is to upgrade their outdated system and flush the lost luggage out of the woodwork.

Shameful.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy oh that's right, you didn't fly over Christmas and have no clue the number of bags being processed.  

The OP is welcome to spend all their time and energy prematurely filing a claim, only to have the bag show up a few days later.  Seems like a waste of time at this point, but some in this thread appear to have lots of time to waste.  As another in the thread mentioned, they just got some of their bags which shows they are being processed and more time is needed before declaring them lost. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

This board does not require that you have a flight scheduled in the past 24, 48 or 72 hours to make a contribution.

If you want to sit around and wait for lost luggage, hope it finds you, hope that we have world peace, please do so.  For others, I suggest that the file a claim for lost luggage.

creith
Explorer C

Our flight was cancelled on 12/25. We ended up staying home instead of flying to our destination. I filed an online claim for our bags and one of the two bags we checked was just delivered to our house via Fedex today. We had no idea it was coming as we hadn't received a File ID number from the online form yet. I hope yours are delivered soon as well!