Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Item: Black laptop bag, ATL to MKE flight Dec 20

ianfh89
Explorer C

I left a black laptop bag on flight 5974 from Atlanta to Milwaukee. We were delayed, but landed around 1am central time. I walked off the plane with just my duffle bag and did not realize I left my laptop bag until I was already in the car. I filed a lost and found complaint as soon as I could, however I'm worried because it is just a plain black laptop bag and I did not have any easily seen identification on it. It consisted of my work laptop, which has me very concerned for security purposes (as well as general anxiety during a busy time of year!). Additionally, I had 2 books and a green sweater in it. 

Has anyone had any experience using the lost and found with Southwest? If so, please provide any guidance as to the best way to increase the odds getting this back. 

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost Item: Black laptop bag, ATL to MKE flight Dec 20

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your lost items.

My understanding is that all lost items get routed to one central location. At that point there is an attempt to march lost items with items reported lost. There are no guarantees, but it seems that the airline does reunite a fair number of  lost itmes with owners.

If you haven't already done so it would be worthwhile to provide the laptop make model and serial number to the  airline. Also provde the titles of the books.

The fact that your lost bag had a computer and two books and a green shirt in it makes your situation pretty uique  and more likely that they will be returned - at least IMO.

As an FYI, I stick   address labels on my phone and laptop -- just in case.

Good luck

edit add: if your computer has "find me" software on it, you cold try to actiate that software.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I also leave business cards throughout my luggage.

I also purchased some Tiles this year, but thankfully haven't had to use them yet.

Tile should sponsor the lost and found facility...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

I would also suggest tracking your plane and looking up where it went after. I submitted a lost item note for my IPAD but I also called Atlanta and then Bston which were the next two airports for my plane. They were able to find it in Boston by me calling a couple of times. The lost item note however still said it was lost weeks later so I suggest trying this method. Good luck! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bgubs14 wrote:

I would also suggest tracking your plane and looking up where it went after. I submitted a lost item note for my IPAD but I also called Atlanta and then Bston which were the next two airports for my plane. They were able to find it in Boston by me calling a couple of times. The lost item note however still said it was lost weeks later so I suggest trying this method. Good luck! 

Also re-reading the OP I see that you said 1 a.m. deplaning, so the item was probably still at the airport overnight, I hope it was found. 

An iPad could go several stops undetected, but a whole bag might be noticed earlier I would think.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.