Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Passports on flight- lost and found report number: 1595227

Ravishankar452
Explorer C

Hello, I flew from Boston to Nashville with my wife and my twin girls on 11th September 10.00am flight 2276. We left our passports in the flight, most probably in the front pockets of our seats. We remember showing them to the boarding counter for a stroller tag. We haven’t realized we lost it until after 15 days when we had to travel back. We immediately registered a lost and found complaint. We re waiting for any response as we re hoping passports found will handled extra carefully and quickly. They were two Indian and two American passports. Can someone let me know the procedure followed for lost passports by southwest.

should we register a police report for missing passport to prevent any identity theft???

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost Passports on flight- lost and found report number: 1595227

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It seems that you   filed a lost itme report. in the last 3-4 days. Your only option i to wait an let the process evelove.  It can take up to 30 days.

Sorry.

Ravishankar452
Explorer C

Should I report to the police immediately or should I wait for the 30 days? Or will they have been sent to department of state/ us consular. Should I report at the consular too? Please advice.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Ravishankar452 wrote:

Should I report to the police immediately or should I wait for the 30 days? Or will they have been sent to department of state/ us consular. Should I report at the consular too? Please advice.

I'm not sure that reporting to the police accomplishes anything.

You might want to make inquireie sto the lost and found departments at the departure an arrival airports. Since you aren't sure that you left the passposts in the seat pocket, I guess it's possible they were left somehwhere else.

Hopefully you have pics of the documents, as having pics makes replacement much easier -- should you get to that point.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Ravishankar452 wrote:

If I were in your shoes then I would also report the lost items to the issuing agencies.

Customer | Home airport DCA