Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Ring

susanocsd
Explorer C

I found a very nice ring earlier this week at a Texas airport. I know Southwest has limited resources to reconnect items. Anyone know how I can see if a lost item report was filed? The phone system has me going in circles. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lost Ring

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you found it in the airport and not on a plane contact the airport as they will have their own process.

--TheMiddleSeat

susanocsd
Explorer C

After reading their policy about what they do if no one claims it, I really want to give it my best shot first

dfwskier
Aviator A

Where did you find it? If in the airport (or gate area for that matter), contact that airport

There's no way to get thru to SW lost and Found via phone. SW finds tens of thousands of items every year, so there's no way for the airline to handle the volume of phone traffic that would entail.

You could contact the airline to ask. To do so click on contact us below and proceed.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Pinging the airline can't hurt but they may not be able to help.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@susanocsd wrote:

I found a very nice ring earlier this week at a Texas airport. I know Southwest has limited resources to reconnect items. Anyone know how I can see if a lost item report was filed? The phone system has me going in circles. Thanks in advance!

Earlier this week meaning you have it at home now? This will be difficult - if the person went to ask at the lost and found counter of the airport they may or may not take information and just say "no we don't have it" and the person will move on. 

Likewise with Southwest if the person wasn't sure where they lost the item they might turn in a request to Southwest but you'll have to try to contact someone outside of that process, I don't believe there is a "found item request" page to fill out. If you think this is a high value item then please do try, but the system is based on turning the item in and letting the airline make the match.

Airports I don't know - the item could still go to Southwest's lost and found if it was found in a Southwest gate area, usually the luggage office maybe that's the number you should try for.

If it was Love Field for instance then try calling per these instructions: Lost and Found | Dallas Love Field Airport (dallas-lovefield.com)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.