Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost and Found Do Not Reply contact Southwest President and the Board of Directors

KHughesSW
Explorer C

Short version, as I helped my disabled wife form the plane I left behind my laptop.  Step one, it’s Saturday December 10, no one answers the phone at the Baggage Service Office (BSO) or Lost and found.  File an online lost report.  Did get these this automated "Do Not Reply messages.”  Flight continues to Baltimore, then Las Vegas.  No one answers the phone there either.  My best friend of 45 plus years and I are writing a book about his combat tour in Vietnam. He asked me to join him in 2014 to go back to where his platoon was ambushed on August 20, 1969.  There were 33 men.  All but six were killed and wounded.  Rocky Bleier, Steelers football player was with him.  We've been writing ever since.  Thousands of Documents, hundreds of photos and dozens of interviews.  Invaluable to us. Can't call customer service either so I sent and email.  The "Do Not Reply message...: says someone will contact you shortly."  So if you have the contact information of Bob Jordan, President, or any of the Board of Directors I'll send them a message that they can reply to.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  thanks much Ken Hughes

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost and Found Do Not Reply contact Southwest President and the Board of Directors

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry to hear you lost your laptop, but there is a process and you need to follow the process. That process is filling out an online form like you did, not calling people. If any airline took calls for all their lost items they would need a whole call center. 

Hopefully you were able to provide a serial number for laptop and hopefully another customer did not walk off with it. The process takes time, patience will be required.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Lost and Found Do Not Reply contact Southwest President and the Board of Directors

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am sympathetic to your situation and someone should answer the phone, or disable the phone number.  Having a phone number invites a call and from a legal perspective, you reasonably expected someone to service the inbound call.

From a practical perspective, you should protect your data from loss.  If the computer crashed, you'd have those items lost as well.  

Consider a backup source so you always have a copy.  I agree on writing to the CEO of Southwest as I have done a few times and ALWAYS got the issue resolved to my satisfaction.