Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Lost and found

Sadievail
Explorer B

I’m so happy to see this and hope the same for myself. Fingers crossed they contact me, I just edited my form to include the serial number 

Sadievail
Explorer B

HAPPY to say that Southwest has reunited me with my iPad! Learned some important lessons as another user said. Keep your seriel number and don’t put electronics in the seat pockets. Thank you a Southwest ! 

laurie2288
Explorer C

I'm so happy to read your comments about your found iPad.  This gives me hope.  My iPad was found in Alabama near Scottsboro using the "Find my iPhone app" and I called the local authorities and they gave me the phone number to the airlines lost and found warehouse 256.999.0980.  I left a message on their voicemail reciting my Southwest Lost and Found report ID number.  I'm waiting for them to call me and I also added my iPad serial number to the lost and found record.  Although I have not yet been contacted by Southwest Lost and Found I'm so hopeful and I'm looking forward to being reunited with my iPad.  Thank you for your posts it has been very helpful. 

Oconnell620
Explorer B

Did you get your iPad back?  I did the same thing and waiting to hear back. 

@laurie2288 wrote:

I'm so happy to read your comments about your found iPad.  This gives me hope.  My iPad was found in Alabama near Scottsboro using the "Find my iPhone app" and I called the local authorities and they gave me the phone number to the airlines lost and found warehouse 256.999.0980.  I left a message on their voicemail reciting my Southwest Lost and Found report ID number.  I'm waiting for them to call me and I also added my iPad serial number to the lost and found record.  Although I have not yet been contacted by Southwest Lost and Found I'm so hopeful and I'm looking forward to being reunited with my iPad.  Thank you for your posts it has been very helpful. 

kuroda1
Explorer C

Thanks so much for this post. My IPAD showed up in Scottsboro, Alabama too. I looked up that address and it looked like a stripmall on Google so I gave up hope of ever recovering my IPAD. When I saw your post saying that location is some kind of lost and found warehouse I had hope again.  I called the number and left a message. Today I received notification that my item was found! Thanks so much for all the details. 

kuroda1
Explorer C

Update:  After filling out the online report with Southwest, it took 10 days to hear that it had been found. I called the phone number 256-999-0980, after 9 days and on day 10 I received an email that my item was located. I don’t know if calling and leaving a message helped or not, but it made me feel better, ha, ha!

@kuroda1 wrote:

Thanks so much for this post. My IPAD showed up in Scottsboro, Alabama too. I looked up that address and it looked like a stripmall on Google so I gave up hope of ever recovering my IPAD. When I saw your post saying that location is some kind of lost and found warehouse I had hope again.  I called the number and left a message. Today I received notification that my item was found! Thanks so much for all the details. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Congrats on geting your stuff back.

The system does work most, but not all, of the time.

One needs to be patient, which is a hard thing to do.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@JH829, I totally agree with you! Always have the box with serial number. I know how the others feels when they lose their precious items that they lost. With the serial number they should of get it back soon. Glad you did it! Cheers!