Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost baggage SW airlines Savannah airport

dbundren
Explorer C

Suitcase was not placed on my flight from Savannah to Nashville, TN. Reported it on 3/13/2021 at Nashville airport. Lost baggage personnel in Nashville said it has not left Savannah but it would probably arrive at 8.30 am 3/14/2021. Said I would be contacted to follow up and have not. Contacted the SW call number. They refused to contact Savannah airport SW baggage personnel but instead gave me a number 912-250-0897 that is inoperable. That is a small airport and my suitcase should be easily located with communication to a customer.  Nashville personnel refused to contact SW Savannah to see if my bag was actually there on 3/13/2021. Shows the SW commitment to customer service when they have made an error. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lost baggage SW airlines Savannah airport

dfwskier
Aviator A

It is likely there are no SW savannah baggage employees to contact.

the airline does not use its own employees to staff an airport until it has at. Least 10 flights/day.

savannah has 5 flights. SW contracts with other airlines until the 10 flight/day threshold.

be patient.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Having your bag delayed is certainly no fun... been there, done that.  But as @dfwskier said, patience is required.  There is a process and the bag will get to you.  I don't think any other airline would do much differently. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Daniel724
Explorer C

@dbundren wrote:

Suitcase was not placed on my flight from Savannah to Nashville, TN. Reported it on 3/13/2021 at Nashville airport. Lost baggage personnel in Nashville said it has not left Savannah but it would probably arrive at 8.30 am 3/14/2021. Said I would be contacted to follow up and have not. Contacted the SW call number. They refused to contact Savannah airport SW baggage personnel but instead gave me a number 912-250-0897 that is inoperable. That is a small airport and my suitcase should be easily located with communication to a customer.  Nashville personnel refused to contact SW Savannah to see if my bag was actually there on 3/13/2021. Shows the SW commitment to customer service when they have made an error. 

You will need receipts for all the things of value that were in the bag... since this sounds like recently purchased Christmas gifts, hopefully you will have them. If you bought your gifts online, a pdf if the email from the online store will do.

As for your clothes, you probably won’t have receipts for things you bought in the past, but itemize the best you can... and be realistic with the numbers. They can Google just as well as the rest of us. You may get a flat rate for the clothes.

I hope you didn’t have expensive electronics or jewelry in the bag... airlines don’t cover them and say they should be in carry on only.

You may also want to check with the card you used to purchase your flights to see if it comes with travel insurance... that could help recover what Southwest doesn’t. They will want to see receipts too.