Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost iPhone at EWR

Rayk11
Explorer C

Hello could anyone help me locate my phone? I filed a report and put the phone in lost mode and I can see it the baggage area at EWR! The phone is still on and I can see it on my “find iPhone” app so it’s so frustrating that I can’t get it back. 

I got in at 2:30 am Thursday instead of 2:30 pm Wednesday so I was not in the best condition and left it in the seat pocket. Someone moved it from the plane to the baggage loading area but I haven’t heard from anyone yet. The phone is beat up but it has special pictures of my kids (3 and 6) that I haven’t backed up, otherwise I wouldn’t care so much.

Thank you!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost iPhone at EWR

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

have you tried to call the baggage office at EWR? I would do that since you can see that's where the phone is at and if they can't help filing the report is the next best option and then just wait and hopefully they will be able to reunite you with your phone. 

hope this helps 

Blake 

Rayk11
Explorer C

@bec102896 wrote:

Hello

have you tried to call the baggage office at EWR? I would do that since you can see that's where the phone is at and if they can't help filing the report is the next best option and then just wait and hopefully they will be able to reunite you with your phone. 

hope this helps 

Blake 

I called and left a message and then I went there this afternoon and the agent had me write my info down. I just wish I could get a little more

help or urgency because I know for sure it’s there. 

bec102896
Aviator A

I would try to call again because after so long they will send it to the lost and found office and then it would take even longer to get your item since it would fly to the lost and found office then they would go through the lost and found reports which could take a couple days of processing so call or even visit the airport since you can tell the item is still at the airport I know it may be a pain in the butt but it's best to try and avoid it going to the lost and found office.

Blake 

Hamirebe
Explorer C

Were you able to get your phone back? I left mine on the plane after a similar situation, delay after delay finally landing at midnight. I filed a lost and found report but have not heard anything back. I filed within 2 hours of landing but didnt see anything about calling baggage claim within the first 24 hours. I really wish Southwest had published that with their online information and form!