Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost iphone on plane

sad_momma1
Explorer C

I recently left my iPhone in an isle seat pocket on the right side of plane as you’re getting on just a couple of rows after the emergency exit on Sun, Jan 6, 2019 SW flight 5771 from Charlotte to Dallas.  I was holding my 4 month old baby and my toddler screamed through the entire landing.  After that, I had no thoughts of retrieving my phone from the seat pocket.  It was on the drive home when I realized I had left my phone on the plane.  The plane had only one more flight for the day to Tulsa.  I called both the Dallas and the Tulsa baggage claim departments and neither had seen my phone.  Also, I filed a lost and found report and it has been over a week now and the phone hasn’t been found.  I’m so sick and beyond heartbroken for the loss of my baby’s birth pictures and other family pictures that had been taken on the phone and not backed up yet due to severe lack of sleep that comes with a new baby.  I’m begging,  please, PLEASE if anyone has found this phone please turn it in to Southwest so I can be reunited with it.  It is an iPhone X with a clear silver glitter waterfall/snow globe effect case.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost iphone on plane

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Hi momma.

Sorry to hear that you left the phone on then plane.

You did the best thing by filing a lost item report. If you didn't do so, you might want to do two things:

1) provide a serial number to the airline

2) activate the " find me" function on the phone.

Lots of items are returned - most not within a week. I understand why it would drive you crazy but you have to give it some time.

Good luck.

Re: Lost iphone on plane

sad_momma1
Explorer C

It’s been 45 days since I left my iPhone on the plane.  I’ve filed 2 lost item reports, and neither have turned up anything.  I’ve finally come to the horrible realization that  I won’t be getting my phone back and will never see my new baby’s birth pictures ever again.  My plane had only one destination left for the day (Tulsa).  I firmly believe that the third party end of day plane cleaners in Tulsa are responsible for not turning in and stealing my iPhone..,.most likely to sell for parts.  It is very highly unlikely that a dishonest traveler on that one flight took my iPhone, as most travelers would turn in a lost item.  Sucks that the SW flight attendants aren’t  more helpful to parents under extreme stress with lap children and check the seat pockets for them to make sure they remembered to take their items.  There aren’t that many lap children on a flight.