Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost items in checked luggage.

cathsar2
Explorer C

On July 6, 2020, I flew from Midway (Chicago) to Phoenix on Southwest. (I fly a lot, but this was the first time from Midway). I had two bags checked. In one of the bags I had a travel cube that was approximately 2 ft long x 10 in filled with new undergarments worth over $600 that were lost from the checked luggage. There were no price tags on them. I checked Southwest's policy on items in checked luggage that they are not responsible for, and these items were not part of this list.  I have written to Southwest, called, and filed a report, yet I have heard nothing. Has anyone else had such an issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost items in checked luggage.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your items were missing when you arrived. Did you fill out a report at the airport within 4 hours of noticing the items were missing from the checked bag or file the report on Southwest.com? Also did you file a report with TSA? TSA may have searched your bag and taken the items. 

-Blake

Re: Lost items in checked luggage.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Unfortunately, any one of three groups could have taken your stuff: airline employees, TSA employees or airport employees All had access to your bag. At various points in time

there are documented cases of all three groups stealing stuff.