Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost luggage.

dougc1976
Explorer C

So here I am, in Cancun from Nashville. When I left Nashville, it was 33 degrees with snow on the ground. I throw on the usual airport attire, sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and jogging shoes. I arrive in Cancun, and long story short, my luggage did not arrive. Not an uncommon story except I am now in 87 degree weather wearing the same sweatpants and sweatshirt. I am on my anniversary with my wife and we cannot even make reservations for dinners this week because there is a dress code. I cannot go to the ocean and swim because I have sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I called and they told me that I was entitled to a 50 dollar stipend for toiletries. As of now I have 1 sweat outfit, 1 pair of underwear, 1 pair of socks, and 1 pair of running shoes with no hygiene items to spend with my wife on our anniversary. When I call I am just told to wait. Well we already missed dinner today because I don’t have clothes. Tomorrow has 2 spots left, and we leave friday. At what point does Southwest refund my flight costs and resort costs because they will have potentially ruined this trip? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost luggage.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear of your plight.

Since you have no clothes, SW should give you a small amount of money to help you buy some inexpensive items.

In the meantime, for anyone else that might read this thread -- a good rule of thumb is it  ALWAYS a good idea to carry at least some clothes on board -- in case bags get lost/delayed.

When you get home complain like heck to SW. You and your wife are both likely to snag some travel vouchers good for future travel. Click on"contact us" below to proceed

Good luck and I hope things improve for you before you return home.

Re: Lost luggage.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Also, this is exactly what travel insurance and the lost or delayed baggage benefit available with many credit cards is good for.  Perhaps look into those options for your next trip.  You may already have the credit card benefit and not know about it.

--TheMiddleSeat