Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost or Stolen Lap Top

amyainaz
Explorer C

Hi,

I've been traveling for work for several years now and have never left my laptop behind on board a flight.  Last night, after we landed I thought I'd packed up my computer and placed it in my bag, however when I got home the laptop was missing.  I filled out a report request, however it's been frustrating waiting for someone to respond sinc the only communication is through email. I called the SW lost and found phone number at the airport and they just refer me back to filling out a report. Has anyone been successful with 1) receiving a response from SW within a timely manner and 2) item found and returned to you and 3) any advice you can share that maybe helpful?  

Sincerely, 

Amy

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lost or Stolen Lap Top

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I hope you were able to get your laptop back.  Lately lots of people have reported having good luck with the lost and found process.

--TheMiddleSeat

CliffOnTheRoad
Explorer A

While a response reply a year after it happened does not seem to to help anyone as written, just the same as my details of a bagage embargo in November yearly did not seem to warrent a "any update?" reply (or I'm missing something), I do recall reading somewhere of a lost item and the problems the customer seemed to be having. The MAJOR component for any recovery was that a claim must be submitted within 4 hours and I think AT THE AIRPORT.

On-line / forum posting / phone calls to initiate any search was wasteful/useless and I think the company is not set up to deal with the issue without that airport claim.

It's funny in a way. My embargo subject was entered (by me) under a 'corporate communications' title. As helpful as this community can be at times (via us customers), I contend that corporate does not look here on how to get their own house in order.

Definately a top-down corporation IMO. That goes for the poor folk who have to man the telephones too perhaps although, as documented, email customer service did reply and told me to stop asking. I kid you not. But I still fly SW.

Old people were taught to say please and thank you. Today, who knows if a resolved problem would get a follow up here by the original poster. One can hope.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum, not much involvement from "corporate" here so if you didn't get a reply it was probably because customers like me didn't know the answer to your question.  Sorry, we do the best we can in our spare time.

--TheMiddleSeat

CliffOnTheRoad
Explorer A

First, an addendum. The FAQ for lost items states to call lost and found. What I implied above for filing a claim within 4 hours (?) is only for lost luggage.

Second, I am very aware of the structure/function of this community, us helping us. And I was very happy to share everything I learned about 'box embargos' and about Jamaica visa's, both of which have gotten me private thank yous.

I  do not recall asking a question to which I did not get a reply. Others have.

dfwskier
Aviator A

"First, an addendum. The FAQ for lost items states to call lost and found."

Actually, the FAQ for lost items says "file a lost item report."

https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/bagunchecked.do

If your checked baggage is missing you do this instead:

"   Please contact your local Southwest Baggage Service Office located in the airport baggage claim area or at the ticket counter to report your situation. For general baggage questions, please call 1-888-202-1024."