Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Map Search Tool Gone

sbannerman
Explorer C

What happened to the search tool under "Flights" that allowed you to pick your start point and see where you can fly for a certain amount of points or dollars during a given time?  I believe it was called the Map Search Tool.  Kayak has a similiar tool that I use all the time that they call "Explore".

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Map Search Tool Gone

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Not sure why the link disappeared from the SW site, but I found this link on another post.

https://getawayfinder.southwest.com/flights

sbannerman
Explorer C

Thank you!! It is the greatest tool!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I agree! I was using it yesterday while on a Southwest flight, trying to figure out fun places to go in August.

@LindseyD any inside knowledge about the map and if it will accessible from the home page again? 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hey, all! 

You can use this tool to select a departure city and see all the places we fly to, nonstop, from that location. As for the other feature, I don't have any firm information on why it was removed or when it will be available again, but I'll keep my ear low to the ground and report back if I learn something. 

BullsFan
Adventurer A

Altought the link is no konger on the website, the functionality is still there - I just hope that it continues to work!

https://getawayfinder.southwest.com/flights?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-MAP

MEANWHILE, I had asked before but no one ever answered, how can I search for connections going THROUGH a specific city?  For example- I am in NY, wanna go to LA, but want to connect with my wife whoe's in or going to Chicago?  It is hard and cumbersome to find all the possibilities and then search each one by hand!

mcremens
Explorer C

Hey, BullsFan...

I tried your link today as well as a new Google search and came away with "This page is not found".   I believe it worked at the end of last week.

Bummer because I used it quite a bit when looking at places to travel.  Makes finding destinations and checking dates more difficult (for me at least)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sadly Southwest has officially killed the map. Definitely much more time consuming now to search for destinations based on price. 

mcremens
Explorer C

That's too bad.  One of the best things they had going.

deartepa
Explorer C

Any updates? I used this tool frequently and was one of my favorite features on the website. It is much more difficult searching for a flight now and is decreasing the number of flights I take. Please bring the map search tool back.