Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Map Search Tool Gone

nutsoverSWA
Explorer A

The page is not found.

Oh, this is so sad to have "Fare-by-map" shut down.

I used it several times / week.

I have (Unsuccessfully)  spent hours searching for routes / destinations just in the last 2 days that could have been handled in 5 min using "Fare-by-map".

My 100's of flights / yr on SWA will soon be going to other carriers if SWA makes it this hard to find info. Woman Sad

Please ressurrect this tool (quickly):heart:

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's gone, and it's not coming back.

getaway finder dead dead.png

theeargus
Explorer C

This is a terrible change. The Map Search was a nice tool. I can't see any reason why you would remove this.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As for the "reason," the best guess is that IT no longer wanted to support the function. Given how many issues still plague the website following conversion to the new booking system, one suspects the Southwest IT Department, often already stretched beyond their capabilities, had to make some sacrifices just to keep things running.

nutsoverSWA
Explorer A

As for the "reason," the best guess is that IT no longer wanted to support the function. Given how many issues still plague the website following conversion to the new booking system, one suspects the Southwest IT Department, often already stretched beyond their capabilities, had to make some sacrifices just to keep things running.

Ugh, still waiting / missing this time saving feature.

As poor as the SWA IT dept is, I suspect they have no bandwidth. / ability to restore this excellent / useful / productive reservation tool. 

SWA IT is a primary reason and HUGE cost sink in my SWA experiences.  Every new GUI release drags my ultra slow internet back into the dumps.   The latest  version occupies 80% of the screen, displaying 20% of the previous content. 

Darn, this is painful. 

sawilli1
Explorer C

This is extremely dissappointing 

tnunez2009
Explorer C

Any news  when this will be up again? I loved this, and it was how I alway planned my vacations. It was great to see where I could go within my budget. Is there a similar map? I really don't care about the one with non-stop and connecting flights. Thanks!

jerryinmn
Explorer C

I used this map search tool all the time. It was super quick to check prices all over the united states by date so you could quickly find a good deal on airfare and then plan a trip around that date/airfare. It now takes 3-4 times longer to search and I am now only typing in the main cities that I know usually have the best prices from my departure city, so I could easily be missing some good deals on other cities. We also fly in to Florida alot in the winter and we don't really care which city cause we just want to go somewhere warm and with this map search tool you could pick your date and quickly hover your mouse over all the cities and see the best price for that day. I have flown Southwest exclusively for my last 40 or so flights but I now see myself using other travel websites with similar map search tools meaning I will be using other airlines.

I called customer service twice and both times the person I talked to didn't even know about the map search tool!! They only knew about the destination map which is useless when looking for specific prices/dates. I also emailed Southwest with no luck there either.

Occasionaly the price was wrong on the old map search tool from the map view to the list view so I hope that wasn't the reason they pulled it down cause that was a minor inconvenience to the hunting and pecking you have to do now.

If you read this message please take the time to email SW to voice your opinion and maybe they will reinstall the tool on their website.

jbrooksy
Explorer C

So disappointed this application is no longer available.  I used to be able to quickly look for trips.  I'm actually traveling less because i don't have time to sit and search for fares.  I wanted to get away this weekend for a quick getaway.  I don't have time or patience to now spend time searching different destinations based on price.  Loved the map as I would visit cities i might not have visited otherwise.  Oh well.  😞

sr103
Explorer A

This site can’t be reached getawayfinder.southwest.com

So sad as this booking feature was SUCH a plus !!!~

There is no way to duplicate without hours of searching vs 30 sec.

loss of this feature Results in Lots of lost SWA revenue from me!

But SWA 'IT' is about the only continually BAD experience with SWA (over 200 segments this yr, but declining FAST!)