Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Map Search Tool Gone

mchinsomboon
Explorer C

I miss this tool too! Please bring it back. I used to travel much more with that tool ... now it's only when I have to travel for work or something else. I used that tool when I had a free few days and wanted to see if I could hop somewhere for quick and cheap. I would think it would be a good way for them to fill open seats last minute too ... Please bring it back!

jclark14487
Explorer C

All I have is complains for Southwest lately.   Canned email responses followed by no responses at all.  Now I'm trying to use the vouchers that I have to go to the Carribean or South America from a few airports with as little stops as possible.  Do you think this is even possible to figure out.  I thought I could use the route map that is suppose to show the what flights are firect and which have stops except they arent correct!!!    The rout map shows BWI to San Jose Costa Rica as direct but when I try to look at hte flight times it swho one and two stops.  At this point the free vouchers are moe of a burden. So frustrating.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jclark14487

The route map is correct, Southwest currently has seasonal non-stop service from BWI to SJO on Saturdays with the last day of the seasonal service being August 3rd.

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry to know you're having a hard time using your vouchers to get to Costa Rica. While we are not equipped to assist you here since this is a peer -to-peer support forum, our Agents at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA will be happy to connect the dots/cities to assist you with booking and get you were you need to go. 

Nicole
Community Manager

montrealwinters
Explorer C

BRING THIS FEATURE BACK! Why even remove it?  I would take trips all the time using this tool and its so time consuming to not have it!

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'd suggest that you make your suggestion directly to the airline via e-mail. to do so click on "cntact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick e-mail from the choices listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

We definitely hear you about Getaway Finder as I loved that tool as well.

When we upgraded some other systems this was an unfortunate component that we had to retire as it was no longer compatible with some other enhancements we made.  Please know that we do have plans to improve our route map search functionality on our long term roadmap but I don't have an immediate date to share with you right now.

Just wanted to let know you that we're listening to help improve our digital roadmaps.

janman
Explorer C

Any updates to these tool schedules?  Getaway and Route Map?

I want to plan trips to Latin America or the Caribbean, but I have spent hours guessing, does SW fly to Grand Cayman Island, is it seasonal, do I have to fly across the country first to get a connection.  I have that same question for all of your other destinations.  

This tool is such a necessity. 

Help us be the frequent flyers/customers you want us to be.