Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mask Requirement is BOGUS

lborges48
Explorer B

So..I won't be wearing ANY MASK on an airplane unless it's an oxygen mask. Requiring a mask for a 3 or 4 hour flight is ridiculous. Seating away from others should be enough. 

I'll be driving instead of flying. I'm **bleep** sure not wearing a mask on a cross country flight.  

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Mask Requirement is BOGUS

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Bye! Have fun driving!

--TheMiddleSeat

lborges48
Explorer B

I will! Have fun being controlled and being a compliant little robot. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

aka being healthy and thoughtful of other people.

--TheMiddleSeat

lborges48
Explorer B

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@lborges48 wrote:

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

Much like stop signs and speed limits are enforced not to control people or arbitrarily tell them what to do, but rather to promote an environment that is safe for everyone, mask policies promote a safe environment for everyone on board a flight. Do we view stop signs as simply "do as you are told"? Masks are not about anyone being controlled or blindly doing what they are told, but instead people expressing care and concern for others. 

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Mask Requirement is EXCELLENT.

Unconvinced? Check out my (very long) post in this thread.

lborges48
Explorer B

That is totally YOUR opinion. 1 - DIY masks don't do anything to stop any virus, Medical Grade masks ONLY do (and even THEY do not stop 100% of everything). 2. I highly doubt you would be allowed into an OR with your DIY or loop mask for the aforementioned reason 3. WHO has stated the ONLY people who should wear masks are those ill, or caring for an ill person. But clearly you know better

So yes, they are about control. But you keep believing you're somehow more  noble than those of us that know the truth and won't submit to this ludicrous policy.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

So you will choose to listen to WHO, but not our own CDC? CDC is pretty clear that cloth masks should be worn.

Explanations and more info here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-faq.html

Two key points from that link:

"CDC recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms." 

"A cloth face covering should be worn whenever people are in a community setting, especially in situations where you may be near people. These settings include grocery stores and pharmacies. These face coverings are not a substitute for social distancing." 

--TheMiddleSeat

lcblues1956
Explorer C

The CDC changes their minds so often it is hard to know what is true, but most to of the mask thing is a political ploy to see just how many will follow with no firm facts since the numbers aren't lower or zero since the mandates.