Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Mask Requirement is BOGUS

New Arrival

So..I won't be wearing ANY MASK on an airplane unless it's an oxygen mask. Requiring a mask for a 3 or 4 hour flight is ridiculous. Seating away from others should be enough. 

I'll be driving instead of flying. I'm **bleep** sure not wearing a mask on a cross country flight.  

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Mask Requirement is BOGUS

Top Contributor

Bye! Have fun driving!

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

I will! Have fun being controlled and being a compliant little robot. 

Highlighted

Top Contributor

aka being healthy and thoughtful of other people.

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

Highlighted

Top Contributor

@lborges48 wrote:

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

Much like stop signs and speed limits are enforced not to control people or arbitrarily tell them what to do, but rather to promote an environment that is safe for everyone, mask policies promote a safe environment for everyone on board a flight. Do we view stop signs as simply "do as you are told"? Masks are not about anyone being controlled or blindly doing what they are told, but instead people expressing care and concern for others. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Top Contributor

Mask Requirement is EXCELLENT.

Unconvinced? Check out my (very long) post in this thread.

Highlighted

New Arrival

That is totally YOUR opinion. 1 - DIY masks don't do anything to stop any virus, Medical Grade masks ONLY do (and even THEY do not stop 100% of everything). 2. I highly doubt you would be allowed into an OR with your DIY or loop mask for the aforementioned reason 3. WHO has stated the ONLY people who should wear masks are those ill, or caring for an ill person. But clearly you know better

So yes, they are about control. But you keep believing you're somehow more  noble than those of us that know the truth and won't submit to this ludicrous policy.

Highlighted

Top Contributor

So you will choose to listen to WHO, but not our own CDC? CDC is pretty clear that cloth masks should be worn.

Explanations and more info here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-faq.html

Two key points from that link:

"CDC recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms." 

"A cloth face covering should be worn whenever people are in a community setting, especially in situations where you may be near people. These settings include grocery stores and pharmacies. These face coverings are not a substitute for social distancing." 

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

I am not a fan of wearing masks either, believe me, and I can only hope that the policies will be relaxed as the COVID-19 cases decrease and people ease out of panic/"we are all going to die!" mode (which is starting to happen slowly but surely).

Thanks,

Jessica