Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mechanics Labor Dispute & Me

GoddezzOfWar
Explorer C

I am going to go see my daughter in Texas in 6 more days... .. but I'm afraid the dispute that's in full swing will ruin the flight. I miss my kid, haven't seen her since last April, I'm in California, I'm freaking out.. .Seriously, how bad is it? And any solutions yet?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mechanics Labor Dispute & Me

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Hey there,

Texas is such a beautiful state - I think you'll enjoy it!

In response to your question, there's no way of knowing which flight will experience a delay. However, note that the airline is doing everything it can to keep planes/flights moving; and to lift this "emergency maintenance" issue. 

Be sure to keep an eye on your flight status via the website (https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/index.html), Twitter, or via phone.

Finally, rest assured that if a delay hits your original flight, the airline will do all it can to get you on the next flight out.

Enjoy your trip,

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

GoddezzOfWar
Explorer C

Thank you so much! I'm glad to know that I matter. This actually helps. I'll be following on twitter and the Southwest app. 

See you all on Thursday morning!!

Nat 🌹

anlewis04
Explorer C

Hi,

I have had two flights cancelled by southwest in the last 6 days flying around Texas and am currently sitting in the Dallas airport waiting for my second rescheduled flight.  My first  on Tuesday was cancelled at 4:30am for a 1pm flight. And my second was cancelled 2 hours ahead of time. I’m hearing multiple announcements of flights being cancelled and delayed due to “maintenance” while sitting in Dallas Love. This is not under control. I would recommend you look into another airline.  Southwest may feel bad about it and will get you rebooked on another flight, but they are currently incapable of reliably getting you where you need to go on time. 

kstokes
Explorer B

It is REALLY BAD.  I just had to cancel my recent trip because every flight kept getting cancelled.  Checking on the status will do nothing as they will cancel at the last minute.  I hate to say it, but I dont trust Southwest to get me to my destination and they dont give you enough time to make other plans.  So, I am going with other airlines until I hear otherwise.  I may end up switching loyalties I am so upset  over this recent trip being cancelled.   If I were you, I would seriously consider booking with another airline.  Good luck!

SWDigits
Aviator A