Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Merging Connecting Flights

sturtevant
Explorer C

I need to fly between GSP and PDX a lot and would love to do it via Southwest. I see that Southwest has multiple flights between GSP and ATL most days and multiple flights between ATL and PDX most day, however, the website won't let me book a flight all the way from GSP to PDX. Why is that?

Obviously I could book them both as seperate reservations, leave security at ATL, drag the bags from the carousel back to the ticket counter and check them back into Southwest's custody for the trip to Portland... and then go back through ATL security. However, that seems unnecessarily time consuming and unpleasant, especially with young kids (with whom I am frequently travelling). Is there a way to link reservations so Southwest will transfer the bags automatically? Or better yet, book this flight from GSP to PDX straight from the Southwest website?

Thanks!

Southwest_Airlines_-_Flight_Schedules.pngSouthwest_Airlines_-_Flight_Schedules 2.pngSouthwest_Airlines_-_Flight_Schedules 3.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Merging Connecting Flights

sturtevant
Explorer C

Wow. Who knew this question would be so tricky? Smiley Happy

Does anyone know why Southwest doesn't connect flights like these? Is it a business strategy? A system limitation? Lots of other airlines connect between these airports every day. I'd much rather fly Southwest than any of them. Odd.