Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Middle seats / direct flights

Taz052362
Explorer C

My wife and I have been loyal SW users for years and have flown SW even when we have found cheaper flights on other airlines. I understand that these are tuff times for everyone and even more so for business like SW and they need to do what they need to do for their investors and employee's to keep the business afloat, so selling the middle seats is a must to keep things moving. 

If SW wants to sell the middle seats, I think that they should reevaluate their flight schedules and bring back more direct flights. By requiring passengers to make connections they are doubling our chances of being exposed to Covid by increasing the number of travers that we are being exposed to.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Middle seats / direct flights

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer t customer forum, you are not notifying SW of your suggestion here.

Here's how you can do so:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

IMO, it's unlikely that any airline will add flights without more flying passengers . Airlines, including SW, are losing tens of millions of dollars every day, and are openly talking about   to still needing to cut expenses  significantly. I'd guess that just about every flight loses money. Thus it seems unlikely that any airline would add more money losing flights.

Re: Middle seats / direct flights

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Taz052362 I completely agree! We need more direct flights back, but that can only happen if more people fly and there is demand for it, so it's sort of a catch-22 situation.

As it stands, I have flights this weekend that are 2 stops each way 😣 but I'm just thankful I am able to fly Southwest at this point, since they cancelled a lot of flights for December.  

--Jessica

Middle seats / direct flights

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@jksobonya @Taz052362 My suggestion is that you get that communication to SWA soon.  Here is what I've found, notice the next scheduled release date: 

We are currently accepting air reservations through April 11, 2021. On December 10, 2020, we will open our schedule for sale through August 16, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Here is that link.  https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/