Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile App Not Working

Emma224
Explorer C

Can anyone offer assistance with this issue? It’s been going on for months and I’ve reinstalled the app on my iPhone XR multiple times. 

Emma224_1-1616362127682.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Mobile App Not Working

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your having issues with the mobile app. Until the moderator approves the photo we can't see it.

Can you tell us what the error is and maybe someone might know what it is. Also where are you getting the error (when booking, loading the app, elsewhere)

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hi @Emma224,

I have an iPhone XR and don't have any problems with the app. Does this error occur when you click Log In? Have you tried logging into your account from a computer? What happens? If you get the same error there, you may have a problem with your account information. Have you tried resetting your account password and trying to log in after that? 

Let us know what happens!

Thanks,

Jessica

Kkuratko
Explorer C

Very disappointed in the SWA app.  Unless you are connected to wi-fi, the app simply does not function.  This is very troublesome for most frequent travelers - this is an area in which SWA should reach out to United, Delta or American for training and adaptation. (All 3 of those airlines apps were connecting flawlessly without wi-fi, but not SWA).  I would give the SWA app an ‘F’ for usability. Please consult the other airlines for help on this poor performance. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm confused.

Apps can only "connect" via WiFi or cell data.

Mine works both ways.

strgth
Adventurer B

@Kkuratko wrote:

Very disappointed in the SWA app.  Unless you are connected to wi-fi, the app simply does not function.  This is very troublesome for most frequent travelers - this is an area in which SWA should reach out to United, Delta or American for training and adaptation. (All 3 of those airlines apps were connecting flawlessly without wi-fi, but not SWA).  I would give the SWA app an ‘F’ for usability. Please consult the other airlines for help on this poor performance. 

If you're using an Apple device, go into Settings. Scroll down and select Southwest. Make sure Cellular Data is turned on.

mario9584
Explorer C

@Emma224 myloweslife wrote:

Can anyone offer assistance with this issue? It’s been going on for months and I’ve reinstalled the app on my iPhone XR multiple times. 

Emma224_1-1616362127682.jpeg

I get the same issue today, Message sais:

"Sorry, we can't seem to connect. Please check your connection and try again". Error: 401120278.

I'm on an I-Phone 7.

The error only shows up when trying to access RR account type stuff like booked flights etc. General queries for things like booking a new flight seem to work fine. But trying to checkin or looking at an existing reservation, does not work. Works fine on my window based computer.

Not sure if it is related to a recent iOS upgrade which happens automatically overnight . 

Updating Media

(I'm on iOS 11.0.3, recently upgraded).