Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-City booking for round trip

LR78
Explorer C

I've searched the forum and am not able to find a recent answer to this question. I found the advanced search, which allows for multi-city booking, but I can't figure out how to do what I want. It will only let me book A-B B-C C-A I don't need the middle step. I am just booking a round- trip where I am departing for home from a different city than I arrived in. I don't need a flight connecting the two. So A-B C-A. Is this not possible without just booking two one-way flights?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multi-City booking for round trip

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Correct, you'll need to book 2 one-way flights.

FYI: For a multitude of reasons, on Southwest it's best to book one-way flights anyway.

bec102896
Aviator A

you might try to call Southwest Airlines at 800-435-9792 and they might be able to book the type of reservation you want where you go from A-B C-A I'm not for sure if they will be able to or not but as for online bookings as @chgoflyer said you would need to book 2 one way tickets to complete the booking you are wanting 

hope this helps 

Blake 

bopsytwins
Explorer C

I am trying to do what you said in your post but it is only allowing me to book A-B, B-C.  I can't find how to get the last leg of my trip in, the C-A.  How do I do that?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bopsytwins wrote:

I am trying to do what you said in your post but it is only allowing me to book A-B, B-C.  I can't find how to get the last leg of my trip in, the C-A.  How do I do that?

Sounds like three one-way tickets. Or a one-way and a RT to alternate destination, but as mentioned by @chgoflyer we recommend to do the one-ways anyway. 

Southwest doesn't discount RT flights compared to buying the same thing as one-way tickets.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

stlyons84
Explorer C

I called yesterday with this same question.  Southwest, why don't you put a note about this under the multi-city button or under the last destination you allow.  It will save us time.  Thanks!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As I noted earlier, it's almost always a best practice on Southwest to purchase one-way flights.