Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple Gift cards

jobrown2787
Explorer C

Can you use multiple giftcards to book one flight?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Multiple Gift cards

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The limit is three forms of payment per passenger per resevation.

Southwest® gift card Terms & Conditions

• You can combine up to three payment methods to pay for your purchase.  Choose from the following combinations:
    • Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation.  If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference. 
    • Held Funds – A maximum of three Held Funds tickets can be applied per Passenger on each reservation.  If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Held Funds tickets, you will only be allowed to use two Held Funds tickets and another form of payment will be required for the difference.
    • Southwest LUV vouchers - A maximum of two Southwest LUV vouchers can be applied per passenger on each reservation.  Another form of payment will be required to pay for taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges associated with each reservation. 
    • Credit Card – Only one credit card, including, without limitation, PayPal, can be applied per reservation.

jobrown2787
Explorer C

Thanks!

jaygirl512
Explorer C

I just want to make sure I am clear before I go purchasing a bunch of gift cards. If it is per person, per reservation, does that mean a total of 3 when I checkout with tickets for my party of 4, or does that mean I can use 12 tickets (3 per person). Thanks! 

jaygirl512
Explorer C

I meant 12 gift cards. Oops! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You can click on the "gear" icon and edit your post to say "gift cards" instead of "tickets" - anyway, hopefully the experts weigh back in.

I'm a little mixed up where some of the requirements are per person, and some are per reservation. 12 gift cards seems excessive for the programmer to allow, but the wording on the one bullet was clear that it is three per person.

May we ask why you want 12 gift cards instead of 4, or could each person book their own travel where the combination of all into one total wouldn't matter? i.e. each one uses their three in separate transactions?

I don't think you can make a "test" reservation and see how far you get, you probably can't add a second gift card until the first one is accepted.

David

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

wiscogal
Explorer C

I was wondering the same thing!  3 total or 3 per person.  Did you ever find out?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's three total forms of payment per passenger, so three gift cards total, or two cards plus a credit card or travel funds if the gift cards aren't enough to cover the balance.

From the website:

Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation.  If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference. 

Rasento
Explorer C

Hopefully this thread isn't too old.

Sorry, I'm still not clear on this.  If I book 4 passengers on one reservation, can I use 11 gift cards and a credit card to pay?

Why would I do that? Because I have 100 and 200$ giftcards purchased before i knew there was a limit...

Thanks,  bob

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning, Bob

There's lots of conflicting information in the posts above yours. So I'm not sure of the answer.

I know I've been able to use 2 gift cards and a credit card in making a reservafion before.

I can't believe the computer system knows it should allow  a max of 3 payment methods for a 1 passenger reservation and allow  a max of 12 for a 4 passenger reservation, but I've never tried it.  

I'd suggest you just give it a try. If there's  a limit, the system will let you know. I f you run into a limit, you could book two one way trips ins tead of a round trip  to up the number of gift cards you can use.