Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

NRA association

Terryw1
Explorer C

I just read United and Delta have severed association with NRA as a result of NRA's stand on gun violence.

I am wondering if Southwest has association with NRA and if so , please consider servering that relationship?

Terry Wynkoop

24 REPLIES 24

Re: NRA association

henryhoward
Explorer C

Yes, I would like to know the answer to this question, too. Does Southwest provide discounts to NRA members? And, if so, will Southwest do the right thing and cancel that program, as other airlines have done?

evakee
Explorer C

Not sure how staying neutral would mean to eliminate a program already in existance, if they are even participating in a program. Staying neutral would mean to not change something that's been in their system. It becomes one-sided by taking a stance and pulling a program. Stay with what you have whether you have aprogram or not with the NRA.

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Terryw1@henryhoward

We do not have an affiliation with the organization. 

Ashley
Community Manager
Southwest Airlines Community

Terryw1
Explorer C

Ashley,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Your reply further cements my relationship with SWA.

Terry

GlassKnees
Explorer C

Thank you Ashley - I have always liked SWA and will continue to fly, content in the knowledge that U am not helping to subsidize the NRA.

Eparfitt
Explorer C

Please fly content in the knowledge that you are helping subsidize the NRA. There are 5 million of us, carrying firearms in the baggage compartment below you. Your ticket helps keep SWA's prices low allowing us to travel with you. Remember, we are here to keep you and your freedom safe. 🙂

Alwaysflyswa
Explorer C

As a shareholder and a frequent flyer of Southwest Airlines. I sincerely hope that the leadership at Southwest Airlines will remain neutral and not participate in this business lynching of sorts based on the shifting political winds. 

Flyer111
Explorer C

There’s a growing disgust with the NRA’s inability to support responsible gun ownership in

the country.  More and more people will be boycotting companies with any affiliation at all.

It makes good business sense to sever all ties with the NRA rather then lose a sizable chunk 

of revenue.

SR56
Explorer C

You apparently know very little of what the NRA does if you think that.