Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: NRA association

AskTheDust
Explorer C

As a shareholder and a frequent flyer of Southwest Airlines  I sincerely hope that the leadership at Southwest Airlines will distnce themselves as far as possible from NRA and other very questionable business entities.It is the right thing to do.

Bckv2
Explorer C

Good to know! SWA should put out a statement in the media so that customers know! Keep up the good work! 

nancyipp
Explorer C

People who love Southwest Airlines, myself included, are asking about NRA association and waiting to hear from them.  It might be a good idea to put out a statement.  

nnassiff
Explorer C

Thank you Southwest. Happy to hear that you have no affiliation with NRA. It would have disappointed me to hear that you do give discounts to NRA or have any kind of affiliation with the NRA. It would have meant I wouldn't be able to use your services.

BAMTX
Explorer C

Since Delta and United Airlines decided to punish law abiding Americans, Southwest Airlines should take the opportunity to ebrace all Americans and continue showing it's leadership with #1 customer service. All Americans are customers as Delta and United Airlines will soon learn when you punish your customers, your return on investment suffers. Smart people will purchase Southwest Airlines stock and sell their stocks of Delta and United.

Can you please forward my message here to Mr. Gary Kelly? I have worked for his I.T. Department as a contractor and feel I've earned a few seconds. Thank You! 🙂

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180224/nra-statement-on-corporate-partnerships

Longtimeflyer
Explorer C

While you’re at it, Ashley Mainz, please confirm whether Southwest has an affiliation with Planned Parenthood.

Longtimeflyer
Explorer C

Ashley Mainz, please confirm whether Southwest has an affiliation with Planned Parenthood.

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee

Hi @Longtimeflyer

Southwest understands and respects that our Customers and Employees have diverse views on many topics. Our Company has not taken a particular position with regards to this organization.

Ashley
Community Manager
Southwest Airlines Community

tcr2003
Explorer C

That isn't exactly true. The Rapids Rewards credit card is through VISA, which does have NRA ties. Though you are not directly linked, you are linked through your credit card. I personally am considering canceling all my VISA credit cards. 

AskTheDust
Explorer C

Do you offer discount to NRA members?