Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: NRA association

WhoDaresWins
Explorer B

If guns kill: cars cause accidents; pencils mis-spell; and spoons make people fat! More people have been killed on on by airplanes by STUPID PEOPLE using box cuts and bombs. Armed air marshals have prevent more deaths and injuries than you will ever be aware of!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi, everyone. Moderator here. I'm going to close the comments on this thread, as it is getting off topic. This board is a place for conversation about how Southwest Airlines is involved in Community Outreach. If you have a question or comment on that topic, please feel free to start a new thread! 

pickledginger
Explorer C

I am a longtime Southwest customer who joined the discussion group today for the sole purpose of finding out whether Southwest supports the NRA or NRA membership in any way.  I am glad to see that Southwest is "not assocaited" with the NRA, but I appreciate confirmation that there are no discounts or other perks for NRA membership.  Further, I would be more inclined to continue to make Southwest my first choice as an airline if Southwest put out a statement on this topic.

steverstein
Explorer C

Southwest has so often led the industry in caring for its consumers and has not been afraid to set a new tone or direction in travel. I would like to see Southwest comment on gun violence and support the efforts of those affected students in Parkland Florida. If there is any relationship with the NRA, this company should stand up and sever any ties with that organization.

Eparfitt
Explorer C

Why? They are an airline, not a political think tank. Let SWA do what it does best - be an awesome airline. Stop this insanity of trying to drag every business into your political views.