Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Name on ticket doesn’t match name on legal ID

sixkristy6
Explorer C

Hi everyone,

Southwest used the name on my RR profile (Jane Smith) for my ticket. My legal name is Jane Smith Adams (Adams is my married name).  Do I need my ticket changed? I’m worried I cannot get through the TSA screening. This is a fake name used for this post.

I have been married for 14 years and cannot remember the name on my last SW flight. I hope this isn’t too confusing! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Name on ticket doesn’t match name on legal ID

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sixkristy6 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Southwest used the name on my RR profile (Jane Smith) for my ticket. My legal name is Jane Smith Adams (Adams is my married name).  Do I need my ticket changed? I’m worried I cannot get through the TSA screening. This is a fake name used for this post.

I have been married for 14 years and cannot remember the name on my last SW flight. I hope this isn’t too confusing! 

If the name on the RR profile is out of date, it may have overwritten the name as entered on the purchase webpage. 

1. If you have happened to purchase the ticket in the previous 24 hours, cancel for a refund and then rebook, but don't use the autopopulated name.
  2. It might require sending in copy of the name change documents to change the name either on the ticket and/or in your profile. 

In the meantime, you might need to buy the ticket without the rapid reward number attached if it won't let you overwrite the name stored in the account.

You could then add the RR account later after you get the names changed.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.